Vanilla French Toast Recipe: An Award-winning Cook's Special-Ingredient French Toast Recipe by Craig Couture
If you're looking to change up your weekend breakfast or brunch routine, try this easy French toast recipe. It's one I've perfected over time that has become a family favorite. The fresh vanilla bean adds so much to this recipe.
Prep Time: 9 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 10 slices thick brioche bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 vanilla bean, split open and the tiny seeds scraped out
- fresh berries, whipped cream and maple syrup, for topping
Here's how to make it:
- Combine eggs, nutmeg, vanilla bean, half and half and cinnamon to make a custard mixture.
- Dunk each slice of brioche in the custard mixture and let soak for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook in a pan over medium-low heat with melted butter for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve over berries of your choice with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.