This Easy Butter Pecan Baked French Toast Recipe Will Make You Weak In the Knees by 30Seconds Food
Breakfast deserves something really special every once in a while. Pancakes and waffles are amazing for breakfast and brunch, but who doesn't love a delicious plate of french toast? This butter pecan French toast recipe is soaked in milk that's flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, then a sweet brown sugar syrup is poured over the top before baking. Did your knees just go weak?
To make this baked cinnamon butter pecan french toast recipe you will need eggs, milk, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, bread, brown sugar, butter, honey and chopped pecans. While the french toast bakes, you have time to make brunch even better by making broiled grapefruit, breakfast pork sausage, crispy bacon or crispy hash browns.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices French bread or your favorite bread
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- You could use corn syrup if you don't have honey.
- Instead of pecans try almonds, cashews or walnuts.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl.
- Put the bread slices in a single layer in a pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- While the bread soaks, combine the brown sugar, butter and honey in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until it has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into a 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle on the pecans. Top with the bread slices.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.8g
Saturated Fat: 7.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 34.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Total Sugars: 16.3g
Vitamin D: 14mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.