Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups Recipe: A Healthy, Skinny Chicken Recipe With Mexican Flavors by Sarah Amona
A tri-color of healthy bell peppers are wrapped inside juicy marinated chicken breast. Yum! Serve this easy chicken fajita roll-ups recipe with cilantro lime rice or Spanish rice, refried beans and guacamole. If you're watching your calories, just add a simple salad on the side.
Prep Time: 1 hour to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into two even slices. Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place six bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.