Quick Thai Ground Beef Recipe Is a Tasty 20-Minute Budget Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Ready to get out of the kitchen fast and feed your family a delicious meal? Grab your wok, a pound of ground beef and a few other simple ingredients and you've got a delicious Thai dinner on the table in about 20 minutes. With the souring prices of beef, ground beef is still on the less expensive side, so this easy Thai beef recipe is also budget friendly.
To make this quick Thai ground beef recipe you will need lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, fresh garlic, jalapeno peppers, ground beef, chicken broth, fresh basil and rice for serving. The ingredients cook up in a skillet or wok before you can even set the table. So quick and easy!
Serve this tasty Thai beef recipe over rice for a quick, flavorful dinner on those busy work and school nights. So good!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and minced (or more, to taste)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- cooked rice, for serving
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Fresh is best, so squeeze your own lime juice.
- Try this recipe with ground turkey, ground chicken or ground pork.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and jalapeno. Cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat into small pieces as you stir, about 8 minutes, or until cooked through and beginning to get crispy.
- Add the broth and basil leaves and cook about 2 to 3 minutes, or until basil wilts.
- Add the lime-soy mixture to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes more. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 3.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
Total Sugars: 1.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.