3-Ingredient Refried Beans Recipe: This Easy Refried Beans Recipe Will Take Taco Night to a New Level by Donna John
Up your game on taco night by making homemade refried beans. If you've never made refried beans before, this is an easy recipe to start with.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- 1 bag (16 ounces) dried pinto beans, picked through and washed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- shredded cheese, for top
Here’s how to make them:
- Put the cleaned beans and garlic in a pot. Add enough water to just cover the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often, until beans are soft.
- Add salt and cumin and continue to cook, uncovered, until all the water has evaporated.
- Mash beans. Taste and add addition salt, cumin and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve.
Note: You could add chopped onion, chopped cilantro, chili powder, chopped jalapeno, chopped roasted poblano, lime juice. Get creative!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.