Roasted Green Onion Vinaigrette Recipe: This Easy Salad Dressing Recipe Wakes Up That Lettuce by 30Seconds Food
Roasting and charring the green onions gives this easy salad dressing recipe lots of flavor. Add in lemon juice, garlic and Dijon mustard, and it's over-the-top good drizzled on salad greens. You could even use this vinaigrette recipe on chicken breast, fish or shrimp.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1/2 cup
- 2 bunches green onions, ends trimmed
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic
Here's how to make it:
- Put the green onions onto a baking sheet and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until they begin to char, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the onions into a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly start drizzling in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour into a jar or salad dressing cruet.
Note: If you want a thinner salad dressing, add a little water. And don't forget to regrow those green onion bottoms!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.