20-Minute Mexican Lettuce Wraps Recipe: A Tasty Ground Beef Recipe by 30Seconds Food
If you don't want to use rice, substitute black beans that have been rinsed and drained. So good! To save time, use a ready-made package of Spanish rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (you could substitute ground turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- cooked cilantro rice or Spanish rice (you could substitute black beans)
- large lettuce leaves
- optional toppings: grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, salsa, avocado, guacamole, fresh cilantro, sour cream, lime wedges, black olives, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion until beef is browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook about 2 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon the ground beef mixture and some rice into the lettuce leaves. Top with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.