Best Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps Recipe: Turn Every Day Into Meatless Monday by 30Seconds Food
This is the perfect lettuce wrap recipe for Meatless Monday, or any day of the week. This easy recipe is also great for meal prepping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) extra-firm tofu, pressed between paper towels to remove excess liquid and crumbled
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts (8 ounces), drained and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- large romaine, green leaf or butter lettuce leaves
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the crumbled tofu and cook over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft and almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, green onions and red pepper flakes, if using. Cook about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir. Cook until it begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Serve with lettuce leaves.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $10 & Up
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Water Chestnuts $2 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Canola Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.