Filet Mignon Recipe With Béarnaise Sauce: This 20-Minute Beef Filet Recipe Has a Lighter Béarnaise Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Prime rib is an amazing Christmas Eve dinner, but if you make this easy filet mignon recipe with béarnaise sauce you could be enjoying your meal in about 20 minutes. This is also a lighter béarnaise sauce so it's easier on the waistline.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 filet mignons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the filets with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook about 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook about 3 to 5 more minutes or until desired doneness. Remove steak, cover with foil and let it rest while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, beat the egg yolk and water together over a double boiler (or a metal mixing bowl set over a pot of boiling water) until frothy, whisking constantly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the butter and whisk to combine. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the chives, if using.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the steaks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.