Creamy 5-Ingredient Amish Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe: A Ticket to Cheese-Lover's Heaven by 30Seconds Food
We all love a creamy potato casserole, and the Amish make an especially tasty one. This easy mashed potato recipe loaded with cheese and sour cream is very easy to make, and is such a delicious casserole to share with friends and family. It's a ticket to cheese-lover's heaven!
This cheesy potato casserole recipe has just five ingredients: potatoes, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream and an egg. You cook and mash the potatoes, combine them with the other ingredients and bake it all up until it's melted and golden. Yum!
Serve this easy Amish recipe as a side dish with any of your favorite dinner recipes. You could get creative and throw in some bacon or green onions, if you like. This vegetable side dish recipe is a perfect gluten-free side dish for a special occasion or even Thanksgiving dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Freshly grated cheese melts better, so grate the cheese yourself, if you like.
- You can try different cheeses in this recipe, such as Gruyere or Parmesan.
- To get creative, feel free to throw in some bacon or green onions, if you like.
- Store any leftovers in a container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave. This recipe can be frozen.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add the cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, sour cream and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 15.4g
Saturated Fat: 9.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 30.2g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g
Total Sugars: 2.3g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.