A Secret Ingredient Makes This Easy Mashed Potatoes Recipe the Creamiest (4 Ingredients) by 30Seconds Food
If you're a fan of mashed potatoes, then your life is about to get a bit better. That's because a secret ingredient makes this four-ingredient mashed potatoes recipe the creamiest mashed potatoes recipe! What's the secret ingredient? Mayonnaise!
You may know that mayonnaise can make scrambled eggs super creamy (check out this mayonnaise eggs recipe), but when you add it to mashed potatoes, magic happens. Trust us when we say that these mashed potatoes are absolutely delicious.
These gluten-free mashed potatoes are so simple to make. They are the perfect side dish for just about any weeknight dinner, but elegant enough for guests. To make these low-sodium potatoes you will need russet potatoes, butter, mayonnaise and milk (or heavy cream or half and half). That's it! Plus, this vegetarian potato side dish is ready in only about 25 minutes.
Pile these creamy potatoes into a bowl, top them with pepper, butter or fresh chives, and get ready to enjoy a creamy delicious treat. Serve this four-ingredient mashed potato recipe as a side dish with your favorite dinner. Or just grab and spoon and get ready to be amazed!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk, cream or half and half
- Potato Masher
- Vegetable Peeler
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Wooden Spoon
- You can top these potatoes with salt and pepper, chopped green onion tops or chives, if desired. They are also delicious absolutely plain!
- You could use Yukon gold, red, white or russet potatoes.
- You could use reduced fat or light mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise.
- To make these potatoes even creamier, you could use heavy cream or half and half instead of milk.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the butter, mayonnaise and milk.
- Using a potato masher or an electric mixer, blend until smooth. (If using an electric mixer, do not over-mix or the potatoes will become gummy.) Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.5g
Saturated Fat: 5.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.