Amish Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe: 5-Ingredient Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe That the Amish Love by 30Seconds Food
We all love a good potato casserole, and the Amish make an especially tasty one! This easy mashed potato recipe with cheese is super simple to make, and such a delicious casserole to share with friends and family.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add the cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, sour cream and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.