Savory Chicken & Stuffing Casserole Recipe: Just 6 Simple Ingredients by Donna John
Love stuffing? Does it drive you nuts that you have to wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas to get stuffing? I hear ya! So why wait when you can make this savory casserole recipe? This easy stuffing and chicken casserole recipe will give you that holiday feel any time of the year and day of the week.
You only need six ingredients to make this comforting chicken casserole tonight. Here is your short shopping list: a box of seasoned stuffing mix, boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, mixed frozen vegetables, a can of cream of chicken soup, sour cream and fresh garlic cloves. Serve this savory chicken and stuffing casserole for dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 box (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix (I used Stove Top Stuffing cornbread flavor)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces (I used boneless chicken breasts)
- 12 to 16 ounces mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Use whatever flavor of stuffing mix you like: turkey, cornbread, chicken, herbs, etc.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs for freshness.
Here's how to make it:
- Make the stuffing mix according to package directions. (I made mine in the microwave.)
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, mixed vegetables, soup, sour cream and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan.
- Top the chicken mixture with the stuffing evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 4.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9g
Total Sugars: 1.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.