Easy 5-Ingredient Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
This easy five-ingredient cheesy enchilada casserole recipe has four ingredients, really, if you count the two types of cheese as one ingredient. This cheesy chicken enchilada casserole recipe is simple to make and will warm you up. And who doesn't love an enchilada casserole? This casserole recipe is a hall of famer!
The boneless chicken breasts are cooked in a skillet with the enchilada sauce until cooked through, then shredded. The chicken, enchilada sauce it cooked in, corn tortillas and cheeses are layered in a casserole dish and baked for 30 minutes. The smell will have you grabbing a fork before it is even out of the oven!
You could top this chicken casserole recipe with sliced avocados, fresh cilantro, chopped jalapenos, sour cream or guacamole. This easy five-ingredient casserole recipe is sure to be a most-requested dinner recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- You could use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
- For a change, try ground beef instead of chicken.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken and enchilada sauce into a saucepan. Cover and cook gently, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken to a bowl and shred. (Keep the enchilada sauce it cooked in.)
- Spread some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Cover with 2 tortillas, 1/3 of the shredded chicken, 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Top with 2 more tortillas and repeat layers, ending with cheese. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.2g
Saturated Fat: 13g
Total Carbohydrate: 12.3g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 3mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.