Easy Mashed Potato Cups Recipe: An Impressive Thanksgiving Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Mashed potatoes are kind of an expected dish on Thanksgiving. Up your potato game and impress your guests for the holidays with this easy mashed potato cups recipe.
This easy vegetarian mashed potato cups recipe is impressive to your guests and family, but is really simple to prepare. (Don't tell them!) To make this mashed potato recipe you will need a box of refrigerated pie crusts (see Recipe Notes), prepared mashed potatoes, milk, butter, chopped fresh chives or parsley (or a combination) and cheddar cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed (optional)
- 6 cups plain mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- You can make this easy mashed potato recipe with or without the crust – it's up to you!
- You don't have to use cheddar cheese. Gruyere, mozzarella, provolone, Monterey Jack, pepper-jack and cheese blends work well. Use your favorite!
Here's how to make it:
- If making the crust, cut circles out of the thawed pie crusts using a mason jar or biscuit cutter. (You could also free-hand it with a sharp knife for a rustic look.) Press the pie circles into muffin tins. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until light golden brown. Remove and set aside. If not making a crust, skip this step.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, chives and 1 1/4 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Spoon into the baked pastry shells or into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.7g
Saturated Fat: 6.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 21.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.