Creamy 5-Ingredient Mashed Potato Puffs Recipe Is the Best Way to Use Holiday Leftovers by 30Seconds Food
It's mashed potato time – and we're not talking about the popular 60s dance. If you have leftover mashed potatoes from the holidays, then you are going to love this this easy mashed potato puffs recipe. It's the best way to use holiday leftovers!
This creamy mashed potato recipe is a creative way to use leftover ham and potatoes from the holidays. If you don't have ham, use bacon or even a vegetable. This recipe lends itself to your creativity, so have fun with it. So easy and delicious, and takes only about 30 minutes!
To make these mashed potato balls you will need mashed potatoes, eggs, Gruyère or Parmesan cheese, fresh chives and cooked ham. These gluten-free mashed potato puffs make a great side dish with dinner, or an appetizer or snack that the whole family will love, anytime. This recipe will inspire you to make tons of mashed potatoes this holiday season so you'll be sure to have plenty of leftovers!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated Gruyère or Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives or green onion tops
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked ham
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- If you don't have ham, use bacon or even a vegetable, such as steamed broccoli.
- Instead of Gruyère or Parmesan, try cheddar or another favorite cheese.
- You could add any fresh herb you like to these potato puffs.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the mashed potatoes, eggs, 3/4 cup of the cheese, chives and ham in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the tins with the mashed potato mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until tops are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.3g
Saturated Fat: 1.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Total Sugars: 0.4g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.