Fig Upside Down Cake Recipe: The Fall Fig Gets Flipped for This Fabulous Upside Down Cake Recipe by 30Seconds Food
We have a banana upside down cake, pineapple upside down cake and plum upside down cake – and now figs have joined the party! Serve this easy fig cake recipe warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 - 12 figs, cut in half
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the melted butter and swirl to coat the bottom evenly. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Arrange the figs, cut side down, on top.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, sour cream, milk, orange zest and vanilla. Beat well.
- In another combine, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the figs. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.