Fantastic Plum Upside Down Cake Recipe: This Easy Plum Cake Recipe Is Plum Good by 30Seconds Food
This sweet upside down plum cake recipe looks impressive, but's it's so easy to make. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You could substitute other fruits in this easy cake recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 - 5 plums, pitted and cut into pieces
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the 1/3 cup butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar in a 9-inch round baking pan. Top with the plums. Pour the batter over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool a few minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
9-inch Round Baking Pans $9 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.