Fun & Easy Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Recipe for Halloween by 30Seconds Food
Boo! It's time to make Halloween treats and snacks! How about throwing a Frankenstein themed Halloween party?
These spooky Frankenstein marshmallow cereal treats are easy to make. Here is your shopping list: butter, marshmallows, crispy rice cereal, green food coloring, chocolate chips, edible eyes (see Recipe Notes) and a tube of black icing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- green food coloring
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- edible eyes
- 1 tube black icing
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- If you don't want to buy edible eyes, draw the eyes on with black icing.
- Store the cereal treats in an airtight container.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted over low heat. Add a few drops of green food coloring to achieve desired color. Stir in the cereal. Press the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until melted and smooth. Dip about 1 inch of the rice crispy square into the melted chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Lay them on parchment paper.
- Use the black icing to draw on the mouth. Attach the eyes with the icing. Allow to dry before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.6g
Saturated Fat: 9.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 49g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 30.3g
Vitamin D: 35mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.