How to Make a Frankenstein Cake for Halloween (Don't Be Scared, It's Easy!) by Donna John
Frankenstein will be the hit of the party when he comes in the form of a fun cake. And it’s so easy to make – really.
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 1 tub creamy white icing
- 1 recipe chocolate ganache, pourable version (homemade ganache recipe)
- green food coloring
- 1 large marshmallow or 2 white candy melts
- 1 tube chocolate cake decorating squeezable icing
Here’s how to make it:
- Bake cake according to package directions for a two-layer round cake. Cool completely.
- Color the tub of white frosting with green until you reach desired color.
- Frost the cooled cake with the green icing. (Save about 1/2 teaspoon for the nose.)
- Make ganache. Pour ganache over the top of the cake slowly, until it just begins to drip down the cake.
- Cut the marshmallow in half and stick to the cake for eyes, or use two candy melts.
- Using the chocolate cake decorating icing, draw on a mouth, pupils in the eyes and a few zigzags on the face.
- Using the reserved green icing, make a nose right under the eyes.
Easier variation: Use a tub of ready-made chocolate icing instead of the ganache. You can also use this for the mouth, pupils and zigzags.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Box Cake Mix $1 & Up
White Icing $2 & Up
White Candy Melts $2 & Up
Large Marshmallows $2 & Up
Chocolate Squeeze Icing $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.