Easy Pumpkin Polenta Recipe: Creamy 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Polenta Recipe Is Fall Comfort Food by 30Seconds Food
Polenta is a creamy porridge made with cornmeal that originated in Northern Italy. This easy polenta recipe features the vegetable of fall – pumpkin. Serve as a side dish or top with short ribs or roasted vegetables like winter squash or, yes, pumpkin, for a light dinner.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 5 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- pinch of ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- roasted pumpkin, for garnish (optional)
- pepitas, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepot. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and slowly pour in the cornmeal, whisking constantly. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the polenta is thick and pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon and nutmeg. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with roasted pumpkin or pepita seeds, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yellow Cornmeal $2 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas) $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.