Creamy Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe Is Perfect for Breakfast by Christine Jones
Calling all lovers of pumpkin and oatmeal! This delicious pumpkin pie baked oatmeal recipe is for you. The pumpkin goodness bakes down into a spiced, nutrient-rich glaze that pairs perfectly with the nutty flavor of toasted oats.
To make this creamy gluten-free pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe you will need canola oil, steel-cut oats, pumpkin puree, date puree, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, milk, water, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. The ingredients start on the stovetop and end in the oven. This may be your new favorite breakfast recipe!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons date puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk or preferred nut milk
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- You can use whatever milk you enjoy for this recipe, from whole milk to nut milk.
- Oats are naturally gluten-free, but be sure to check the package.
- Store any leftover oatmeal in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat in an oven-proof pan with an oven-proof lid. Stir in the oats and fry them, stirring frequently until they smell toasted.
- Push the oats to the side and add remaining oil. Add in the pumpkin. Fry it, stirring after about a minute.
- Stir in the sugar and spices, and continue frying the puree until color darkens slightly and raw smell disappears.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine. Whisk in the water, vanilla and salt.
- Put a lid on the pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Stir and allow oatmeal to sit for a few minutes to thicken and cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.2g
Saturated Fat: 0.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 5.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.