Blue Moon Ice Cream Recipe: Nope, We're Not Talking About Beer Here by 30Seconds Food
It's said if you ask six different people what the flavor of blue moon ice cream is, you'll get six different answers. Is it raspberry? Vanilla? Lemon? Froot Loops? Fruity Pebbles? Cotton candy? Who knows, but at least they'll agree it's blue (hopefully!).
If you don't live in the Upper Midwest of the U.S., here's an easy blue moon ice cream recipe you can make at home. Explain the flavor however you want.
Prep Time: 4 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 40 minutes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- blue food coloring
Here's how to make it:
- Put the egg yolks into a bowl along with 1/4 cup sugar. Beat to combine. Set aside.
- In a saucepot, add the milk, cream and remaining sugar. Over low heat, cook until bubbles begin to form. Remove from the heat.
- Add a little of the hot milk to the eggs to temper, then pour the eggs into the milk mixture. Whisk to combine. Cook the mixture, stirring often, over low heat until it can coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat as soon as it reaches this point.
- Add the vanilla pudding mix, extracts and blue food coloring to reach desired shade. Mix well. Let the mixture cool for about an hour, then refrigerate until cold.
- Pour the cold ice cream base into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spoon the churned ice cream into a container and freeze about 2 to 3 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.