5-Ingredient Baked Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Its Own Cream Gravy by Donna John
With easy prep and minimal ingredients, you'll adore this easy, creamy baked Amish chicken recipe. It really makes its own gravy! Flour, garlic powder, paprika, heavy whipping cream and a little water is all it takes to make a delicious, creamy gravy (and the chicken drippings). This easy Amish recipe is destined to become a family favorite.
All you need to make this chicken and gravy recipe is bone-in chicken pieces, flour, garlic powder, paprika, heavy whipping cream and water. The chicken is seasoned with the spices and flour, then the cream and water is poured into the pan. Bake and watch the magic happen.
While the chicken is doing its thing in the oven (and smelling heavenly!), you can prepare the side dishes. The rich gravy needs noodles (I used egg noodles), rice or potatoes so you don't leave a drop on your plate. Add a fresh vegetable or salad and you have a complete meal.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I used 1 teaspoon regular paprika and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- If you're one that uses garlic powder and onion powder together (they are a match made in heaven), add some when you season the chicken.
- You could chop up an onion and add it to the bottom of the pan when baking the chicken.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour liberally and put in a baking pan.
- Combine the cream and water. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until golden and cooked through. Season the gravy with more salt and pepper.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.