Grandma's 5-Ingredient Butter Baked Chicken Recipe With Milk Gravy by Donna John
Who doesn't love a quick winner chicken dinner? Moist baked chicken in a rich gravy is an easy weeknight meal that uses pantry ingredients. This delicious chicken recipe has just five simple ingredients and is a family pleaser.
Here is your shopping list for grandma's five-ingredient baked chicken recipe: bone-in chicken, butter, flour, evaporated milk and cream of chicken soup. The chicken is dipped in evaporated milk then into flour, put into a baking pan, then topped with melted the butter. The chicken bakes for about 30 minutes before you add more evaporated milk and cream of chicken soup. Those two ingredients combine with the chicken drippings to make smooth, rich gravy. So delicious! Thank you, grandma.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 whole chicken, cut up or your favorite chicken parts, bone-in
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk (divided)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
- You could use boneless chicken breasts or thighs, but would need to reduce the cooking time.
- If you don't have evaporated milk, use half and half.
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Put the flour into a shallow bowl. Put about 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk into another bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the milk and then into the flour. Place it on top of the melted butter. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining evaporated milk in the can (I also added what was left from dipping the chicken), the cream of chicken soup and water.
- Flip the chicken over.
- Pour the evaporated milk mixture over the chicken. Bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and browning on top. Sprinkle the top with parsley flakes, if desired.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.