Amish Chicken Corn Soup Recipe: This Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Soup Recipe Gives You All the Sunday Feels by 30Seconds Food
Chicken and corn soup is a staple in restaurants and for home cooks in Amish country. This homey Amish chicken and corn soup recipe just feels like Sunday. Make a pot and relax.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the onion, celery, carrots, chicken, bouillon cubes and water into a large soup pot. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken, shred and return it to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream style corn, drained whole kernel corn and butter. Add the noodles now, if using. Cook about 10 more minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Cream Style Corn $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Cubes $3 & Up
Egg Noodles $2 & Up
Amish Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.