Mom's Classic Old Bay Crab Cakes Recipe Is Dinner in 15 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Moist, crispy, flavorful and with chunks of sweet crabmeat, this easy crab cake recipe will be your new favorite. It's on the table – start to finish – in about 15 minutes. Not many recipes can make that claim!
The easy Old Bay crab cakes are made with fresh breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, mustard, an egg, Old Bay Seasoning and, of course, lump crabmeat. The mixture is gently mixed together and formed into patties, which are pan-fried in a little oil.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices white bread, grated into coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes or fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- It's always a good idea to pick through lump crabmeat before cooking it with. Grab lumps of the crabmeat and gently pick through to remove any cartilage and shells. Be gentle because you don't want to break the crabmeat up too much.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, onions, Old Bay, parsley flakes, mustard and egg. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Shape the mixture into 4 to 5 patties.
- Fry in a little oil until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, or broil for about 7 to 8 minutes until golden and heated through.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.