Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Recipe Is Dairy-free & Will Remind You of Childhood by 30Seconds Food
"Orange creamsicle flavored ice cream treats have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "There’s just something very nostalgic about it. The sweet cream combined with the tangy citrus just does it for me. This method is a grownup homemade version of that favorite creamy summer treat. It’s so fresh and bright tasting and it even smells delightful!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours to freeze oranges
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 3 large oranges
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 cups cold coconut cream, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a sharp chef’s knife, follow the round shape of the orange to remove the peel including the white parts.
- Slice oranges and lay them onto the prepared baking trays in a single layer. Freeze the orange slices for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Once the oranges are frozen, add them to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add in the orange zest, coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately as a soft-serve ice cream or transfer it into an airtight container and keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Cream Coconut $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $4 & Up
Raw Honey $5 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Chef's Knives $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.