20-Minute Ham Fried Rice Recipe Is an Easy One-Pan Dinner or Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Do you have some leftover ham and rice? No problem! This easy ham and fried rice recipe will satisfy the family and get rid of those leftovers all at once.
This quick fried rice recipe is loaded with peas, carrots, corn, eggs and ham, and seasoned with garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and a pat of butter. The flavors will excite the palate!
Serve this stir-fried Asian rice recipe as a side dish with your favorite protein or as a main dish. You also could use leftover turkey if you don't have ham, or omit the ham for a vegetarian fried rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- vegetable oil
- 3 - 4 cups cooked white rice, cold
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten (optional)
- fresh jalapeno slices, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a little oil in a skillet or wok. Add the rice and green onions and cook, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ham, peas and carrots and corn. Cook about 5 minutes.
- If using the eggs, make a hole in the center of the rice and add the eggs. Cook until set and then stir into the rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and stir until melted and combined. Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $12 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.