Creamy Baked Feta Soup Recipe: A Viral-Worthy Feta Tomato Soup Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 block (8 ounces) feta
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes (not drained)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3/4 cup cavatappi or elbow macaroni (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomatoes into a baking dish. Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss. Put the block of feta into the middle of the tomatoes, making sure to coat it with the olive oil. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the feta bakes, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, broth, thyme and crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- When the tomatoes and feta are done, add them to the soup. Stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Soup Pots $10 & Up
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Cavatappi $2 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.