Easy Baked Feta Pasta Recipe: A Twist on the Delicious Viral TikTok Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Have you tried that viral feta cheese and tomatoes TikTok recipe yet? It sure made its rounds back in the day, and it's really good. We added a twist to the pasta recipe with additional add-ins like shredded chicken, mushrooms and fresh spinach.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 block (7 ounces) feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 ounces pasta (rotini, penne or rigatoni work well, but any pasta will work), cooking according to package directions (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- optional add-ins: cooked chicken, sautéed mushrooms, fresh spinach, basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of olive oil in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix to combine.
- Place the feta cheese block in the center of the tomatoes. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil over the top. Sprinkle some black pepper and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the feta and tomatoes together. Mix until a sauce forms, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and any additional add-ins. Toss to combine.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Pasta Pots $10 & Up
Feta Cheese $5 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Rigatoni Pasta $1 & Up
Rotini Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.