Pork Carnitas Omelette Recipe: This Easy Omelet Recipe Has a Southwest Twist by Donna John
After having an amazing pork carnitas omelette at one of my favorite brunch restaurants, I had to recreate it at home. This easy carnitas omelette recipe is a fun way to use leftover pork.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 eggs
- shredded cooked pork carnitas or other leftover pork
- pickled red onions
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Green Chile Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chiles (from a small can)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the green chile sauce, mix together the sour cream and chopped green onions in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Beat well. Pour the eggs into a small nonstick pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Stop stirring and let the eggs continue to cook until almost set.
- Add the pork, pickled onions, sliced avocado and cheeses.
- Carefully fold the the eggs over to create the omelette. Slide it onto a plate.
- Top with the green chile sauce, cotija cheese, pico de gallo and salsa verde.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Frying Pans $10 & Up
Omelette Pans $10 & Up
Spatulas $5 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Salsa Verde $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.