Aussie Chicken Recipe: Don't Lose This Copycat Alice Springs Chicken Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Alice Springs chicken is a popular chicken dish on Outback Steakhouse's menu. This easy copycat Alice Springs chicken recipe is easy to make at home – just minus the bloomin' onion.
Prep Time: 30 minutes to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack and cheddar blend cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup for serving.
- Put the chicken into a plastic zipper bag. Add the marinade and allow to sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they soften and begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top each chicken breast with some mushrooms, the bacon and the cheese. Cover the skillet and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with reserved marinade.
Note: You could also grill the chicken breast, then put them into a baking dish and top with remaining ingredients. Pop into the oven to melt the cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.