Ham & Cheese Panini Recipe With Asparagus: Celebrate Spring With This Easy Panini Sandwich by 30Seconds Food
The quick and fresh sandwich recipe is made with fresh asparagus that's been trimmed and steamed until crisp-tender. Add mayonnaise and Dijon along with the asparagus to your choice of bread (we like ciabatta, french bread or sandwich rolls). Cook the assembled sandwich in a panini press until hot and crispy on the outside.
If you don't have a panini maker, simply weigh down the sandwich with a heavy skillet or even a heavy can of vegetables. Weighing the sandwich down helps it get crispy and delicious! Serve these easy paninis for lunch or with a salad or soup for dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 stalks asparagus spears, trimmed and steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices ciabatta bread, french bread, sandwich rolls, etc.
- sliced muenster, mozzarella, Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- sliced ham (about 1/4 pound)
Here's how to make it:
- Place the bread on a work surface. Spread with the mayonnaise and Dijon. Layer on the ham, then asparagus, then the cheese. Top with the second piece of bread.
- Cook the sandwich in a panini press or in a hot skillet until bread is crisp and cheese has melted. If cooking in a skillet, weigh the sandwich down with another heavy skillet or push with a spatula.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.