Breakfast Cookies Recipe: Jennifer Garner Would Love This Easy Banana Quinoa Breakfast Cookie Recipe by Jan Mostrom
Jennifer Garner's breakfast cookies recipe went kind of viral. Here's my banana bread and quinoa breakfast cookie recipe inspired from the book Love and Lemons Every Day. Quinoa keeps for a long time in the fridge, so I usually have some ready for a batch of these.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Here's how to make them:
- In a bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, flaxseed mixture, quinoa and nuts. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, mashed banana, vanilla and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Put about a 1/4-cup scoop of the batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.