Best Keto Recipes: This Easy Cloud Bread Recipe Is Low-Carb, Light & Airy by 30Seconds Food
The cloud bread is super simple to make, even if you're not a baker. After egg whites are whipped to stiff peaks, egg yolks, cream cheese, cream of tartar, sea salt and optional seasonings are added. The batter is spooned into mounds on parchment paper-covered baking sheets and baked for about 25 minutes or until golden. See, it's really easy!
Not sure what cream of tartar is? Cream of tartar is a white powder that's made from tartaric acid, a byproduct of the wine-making process. It's a common baking ingredient used to help stabilize egg whites in cakes and meringues. It's also in most snickerdoodle cookie recipes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- optional seasonings: dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs
Here's how to make it:
- Put the egg whites into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream cheese, cream of tartar, if using, and salt until smooth. Stir in any additional seasonings.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop mounds of the egg mixture onto the sheets and create circles.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cream of Tartar $4 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Dried Herbs $3 & Up
Parchment Paper $4 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.