Light & Airy 3-Ingredient Cloud Bread Recipe Is Low-Carb Heaven by 30Seconds Food
The cloud bread is super simple to make, even if you're not a baker. After egg whites are whipped to stiff peaks, egg yolks, cream cheese, cream of tartar, sea salt and optional seasonings are added. The batter is spooned into mounds on parchment paper-covered baking sheets and baked for about 25 minutes or until golden. See, it's really easy!
Not sure what cream of tartar is? Cream of tartar is a white powder that's made from tartaric acid, a byproduct of the wine-making process. It's a common baking ingredient used to help stabilize egg whites in cakes and meringues. It's also in most snickerdoodle cookie recipes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 (approximately)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Electric Mixer
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- Silpat Baking Liners
- You can add optional seasonings to your cloud bread like dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder or dried herbs.
- You can add 1/8 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) into the batter.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the egg whites into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream cheese, cream of tartar and salt , if using, until smooth. Stir in any additional seasonings.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop mounds of the egg mixture onto the sheets and create circles.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.1g
Saturated Fat: 3.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 0.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 0.2g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.