This Crispy Pork Carnitas Recipe Can Be Made in the Oven or Slow Cooker by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 8 hours
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 3 to 8 hours
- 1 3- to 4-pound boneless pork butt
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oranges, juiced and remains saved
- 2 limes, juiced and remains saved
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- pico de gallo
- roasted salsa verde, avocado tomatillo sauce or your favorite green sauce
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped onions
Here's how to make it:
- Put the pork butt into a Dutch oven or slow cooker. Season with the cumin, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the meat to cover completely.
- Add the onion, garlic, orange and lime juice, and the remaining oranges and limes after juicing.
- If cooking in the oven, cover with a lid and bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If cooking in a slow cooker, cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- When meat is tender, shred and return to the pot. If you want crispier carnitas, lay the shredded meat on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.