Avocado Tomatillo Sauce or Dip: Whatever You Call It, This Recipe Is Good! by Gwen Johnson
This avocado tomatillo sauce is so versatile! Use it as a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables, in your favorite Mexican recipes or as a glaze or dip for grilled chicken or shrimp. Sometimes the mood calls for adding two avocados! You can't really mess up this easy recipe.
- 6 tomatillos, husked, washed and cut in half
- 1 serrano chile or small jalapeno, seeded for less spice (or to taste)
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted and flesh removed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- juice of half a lime
- 1 garlic clove
Here’s how to make it:
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper, to taste.