Slow-Cooker Pork Tinga Tacos: Add This Easy Budget-Friendly Recipe to Your Menu Plans by Sara Haas RDN
Pork Dinner Budget-friendly
3 years ago
Add to collection
Tacos are the perfect food. They are uniquely versatile and great for breakfast, lunch, dinner – even dessert. Here's an easy recipe for pork tinga tacos you make in your slow cooker from Taco! Taco! Taco! The Ultimate Taco Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can (7 ounces) tomatillo salsa (about 1 cup tomatillo salsa)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, such as romaine, shredded red or green cabbage, thinly sliced radish, crumbled cotija cheese, sliced or diced avocado
Here's how to make it:
- To make the sauce, add the oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatillo salsa and garlic, and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in the chipotle and adobo and remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender along with the broth or water and carefully puree until smooth. (Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender to puree.)
- Place pork in the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour pureed sauce over the pork, then cover with a lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- After the pork is cooked, use two forks to shred. Toss with the sauce and cook an additional 10-15 minutes to meld flavors. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the tacos, serve pork in warmed tortillas topped with toppings of your choice such as shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, thinly sliced radish and cotija cheese. Servings: 6-8 and makes about 4 cups of cooked pork.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Tomatillo Salsa $3 & Up
Chipotle in Adobo $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.