Easiest Bánh Mì Sandwich Recipe: A Classic Vietnamese Sandwich Recipe by 30Seconds Food
The quick pickled vegetables and fresh vegetables are key to a bánh mì. The bread, too! If you have as Asian market near your house, see if they see fresh-made bánh mì rolls.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- sandwich rolls
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced red onion
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- white sesame seeds (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add the pork. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- To make the pickled vegetables, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the daikon and carrots. Allow them to sit for about 15 minutes to pickle.
- When ready to eat, heat a frying pan or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned and cooked through. Do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the rolls with mayonnaise. Add the cooked pork and pickled vegetables, then top with the fresh cilantro, cucumbers, red onion and jalapeno.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.