Easy Onion Quiche Recipe: This Caramelized Onion Quiche Recipe Is a Good Excuse to Pop That Wine Cork by 30Seconds Food
This creamy caramelized onion quiche recipe is easy to make, but it does require a little patience when cooking the onions. But it is well worth it. (Have a glass a wine while they cook!)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet. Add the onions. Cook over low heat until they're browned, soft and caramelized, about 30-40 minutes. When done, sprinkle in the flour and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Press the pie crust into a pie plate or round baking dish. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake according to package directions.
- While the crust bakes, beat the eggs and cream together. Add about one-third of the cheese, thyme, and salt and pepper. Add the caramelized onions. Pour the mixture into the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 20-30 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.