Pinkel mit Grünkohl Recipe: German Cooked Kale & Sausage May Turn You Into a Kale Lover by 30Seconds Food
Don't let the name of this German recipe scare you off. Pinkel mit Grünkohl is just kale and sausage. Serve with German potatoes, boiled potatoes or even mashed potatoes. Not a fan of potatoes? Serve with spaetzle!
- 1 pound kale, hard stems removed and chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ham steaks, cubed deli ham or leftover baked ham (optional)
- 4 links German sausage
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the kale in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove, drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan or dutch oven until crisp. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and pour in the beef broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the kale is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the mustard and nutmeg. Top with the sausages and ham. Cook about 30 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.