German Bratkartoffeln Recipe: How to Make German Cottage Fries & Up Your Potato Game by 30Seconds Food
Bratkartoffeln are German fries that are usually cooked with bacon and onion. These crispy German potatoes will make you rethink the french fry.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled until tender and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon or slab bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley or dill, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, leaving bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions to the bacon grease and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon.
- Add the olive oil to the pan with the remaining bacon grease. When hot, add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until potatoes are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Put the onions and bacon back into the skillet. Stir to combine and continue to cook until heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley or dill, if desired. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
German Cookbooks $3 & Up
Germany Travel Guides $6 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Slotted Spoons $5 & Up
Paper Towels $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.