This Famous Buttery Mashed Potatoes Recipe Honors Two Chefs by Chef Gigi
Losing one acclaimed chef would be bad enough, but we lost two prominent chefs recently. The passings of Joël Robuchon and Anthony Bourdain were tragic. The two famous chefs will always be missed. I thought I'd honor both of them with this famous mashed potatoes recipe.
Here is Food and Wine Magazine’s publishing of Michelin-starred chef Joël Robuchon's buttery mashed potatoes he is so famous for – through the eyes of Anthony Bourdain. These are the simple, low-sodium ingredients you need in order to make these sensational mashed potatoes: potatoes, butter (lots) and heavy cream. That's it!
Serve this buttery mashed potatoes recipe with chicken, pork, beef or lamb. This will be your new favorite way to make mashed potatoes. And, every time you make this gluten-free recipe, you can think of the amazing chefs behind this sensational side dish!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 6 sticks high-quality, cold unsalted butter (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Soup Pot
- Serving Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Serving Dishes
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Dutch Oven
- If you don't have Yukon Gold potatoes, you can use other large potatoes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil with 2 tablespoons of salt. Simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let stand in a colander for 3 minutes.
- Pass the potatoes through a ricer into the large pot. Cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the potatoes are hot and steam starts to rise, about 2 minutes (they’ll begin to stick to the bottom of the pot).
- Add one-fourth of the butter at a time, stirring constantly, until incorporated.
- Stir in the cream and season generously with salt. Serve with your favorite proteins.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 56.8g
Saturated Fat: 36g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 3mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.