Easy Grilled Mackerel Recipe: This Lemon & Garlic Mackerel Recipe Is a Healthy & Delicious Dinner by Gwen Johnson
Fatty fish like mackerel are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which may help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation and lower triglycerides. If you've never cooked mackerel, here's an easy grilled mackerel with lemon and garlic recipe that even kids may enjoy. Skewers aren't required for this recipe, but do up the fun factor when eating it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
- 6 mackerel fillets, rinsed and de-boned
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste, in a shallow dish. Add the fish and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers or metal skewers, carefully thread the fish onto the skewers. (For wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using.)
- Heat your outdoor grill, indoor grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Cook the fish about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Put on a serving plate and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.