Special Basil Pesto Recipe: Chef Gale Gand Adds Something Interesting to Her Basil Pesto by Gale Gand
Got a double batch of pesto made with my daughter Ella’s help. Here's the recipe I used from my long-time friend, Hans Koch. Share with your neighbors!
The interesting ingredient I add to my basil pesto recipe? Butter! It adds richness and creaminess.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups packed basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (I toast them in a sauté pan)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (same as pine nuts)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until well combined, scraping the bowl down a couple times.
- Portion into small containers and freeze until needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
American Brasserie: 180 Simple, Robust Recipes Inspired by the Rustic Foods of France, Italy and America Hardcover by Rick Tramonto and Gale Gand $23
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pine Nuts $5 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.