Summer Squash Salad Recipe: This Marinated Zucchini Salad Recipe Is Crazy Good by 30Seconds Food
Have zucchini or yellow squash growing like crazy in your garden – or have bags on your front porch from the neighbors? It's time to try some new squash recipes! Here's one from Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
For this healthy squash salad recipe you will need zucchini, fresh garlic, olive oil, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce or coconut aminos, lime juice, lime zest, fresh cilantro, sea salt, black pepper and toasted sesame seeds. For a more colorful salad, use yellow crookneck squash and zucchini. This is a wonderful salad to take to summer potlucks, cookouts and get-togethers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound medium zucchini (Rachel uses a mix of zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, Bragg's liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- juice and zest of 1 fresh lime
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Don't skip the step salting and letting the squash drain. You want to remove as much moisture as possible from the squash.
Here's how to make it:
- Rinse the squash and gently rub the skin to remove all the dirt. Dry with a towel.
- Using a vegetable peeler, mandoline or spiralizer, slice the squash into thin ribbons.
- Set ribbons in a colander over the sink or on a few paper towels. Sprinkle ribbons very lightly with salt, then allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Very gently pat dry with paper towels. This step helps to draw out excess moisture so that the zucchini salad doesn't become too soggy.
- Place squash ribbons into a large glass bowl then add in the garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime zest and juice, and chopped cilantro. Toss gently then cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Taste test, then sprinkle with sea salt (often not needed!), pepper and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clean Food Crush®.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.