This Easy Caprese Panini Recipe Will Make You Buy That Panini Press by 30Seconds Food
Didn't think you needed a panini press until you read this caprese panini sandwich recipe, right? Well, you can make this easy panini recipe without it, but think how much fun you'll have with it.
This amazing vegetarian panini sandwich recipe is a tasty lunch or light dinner. Serve with extra pesto for dipping!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices crusty bread or flatbread
- 2 - 3 tablespoon pesto (try this easy pesto recipe)
- 4 thick slices mozzarella (you can use fresh mozzarella)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Top two pieces of the bread with some pesto, 1 slice of mozzarella, some tomato slices and basil leaves. Put the remaining mozzarella slices on top of the basil leaves. Place the other two slices of bread on top, creating two sandwiches.
- Heat a panini press, skillet or grill pan. If using a panini press, close and cook until browned and crisp. If using a skillet or grill pan, put the sandwiches into the skillet, push down with a spatula and cook until browned. Flip and cook the other side, pushing down with a spatula. (You could also use a brick that's been wrapped in aluminum foil to weigh down the sandwiches.)
- Remove the sandwiches, cut in half and serve with additional pesto, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Panini Presses $17 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $13 & Up
Grill Pans $12 & Up
Panini Cookbooks $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pesto $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.