Best Honey Cornbread Recipe: This Chef's Moist Cornbread Is a Sweet Addition to Any Meal by Chef Dan Giusti
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter and the honey in a pot. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Gently mix in eggs and then buttermilk. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the honey-butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let rest for 30 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Honey $4 & Up
Cornmeal $2 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Canola Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.